Follow on Bloglovin

Σάββατο 30 Μαρτίου 2013

Haus of Gloi!



My Haus of Gloi stash!

Hi guys! I had the flu all the past week and that’s why I haven’t made any reviews:(
 My sense of smell was so weak the past few days… I missed all my scented stuff!
I am much better now so I thought to continue my collection series with a HoG post!

My trio of comfort: Sweet potato treat Pumpkin butter, Hearth sugar exfoliant and Parkin perfume.




When I am feeling a little sad or I am stressed out foodie scents is what I reach of the most of the times. These scents go so well together that I am using them regularly that way.


Hearth sugar exfoliant: As you can see I am almost out! This is the 7.5oz pot and I have it for a year I think. I love the consistency of this scrub. It’s not harsh to the skin. This one has cranberry seeds too. I love the touch of color that these ones give! It leaves you moisturized but not oily. I could say that it almost washes away clean. The scent, not only feels the bathroom but it stays on my skin. Sometimes I can notice it even after I put my body cream on.



The warm glowing center of any home. Autumns last apple pickings, warm bread, orange rind, various fire roasted nuts, cracked black pepper all nailed down by an oozing sticky benzoin.

The skin of the red apples combined by the warm bread is the first thing I smell. In use the orange rind and the black pepper become more obvious. It’s a warm scent. Perfect for when it’s cold outside.  Very similar to Guy Fawkes by Paintbox Soapworks.


Sweet potato treat Pumpkin butter: I love this formula! It sinks to the skin immediately and it leaves me feeling so soft at the same time. Using this product you don’t even need to put perfume on! It’s so strong and it stays for hours! Also, a little goes a long wayJ


For me, this is the epitome of holiday comfort food: Sweet potatoes with mild spices, butter and brown sugar baked off with marshmallows.


It smells exactly like it’s advertised. Sugar, marshmallows and Sweet potato with mild spices. Yum


Parkin Perfume: Glorious ginger cakes celebrating Guy Fawkes Day! Brown sugar, black treacle, oats, a peculiar blend of white spices tossed with chopped roasted chestnuts and coated with the lightest of icings.

I am curious what the white spices might be. White pepper? Anyway, I love this and I wear it regularly. I have it for two years and still smells perfectly good. This and Gingerbread Whorehouse from Possets are my favourite ginger perfumes.  On dry down I get sugary oats and I really like that note. Stays for hours on me which is always a plus!

These three perfumes compliments each other so good and they are making me smell eatable!


Narcosa: A thick haze of tonka and black vanilla, three jasmines, tuberose and ylang ylang.


I started with the small body butter but I couldn’t resist buying the perfume as well. I love this one so much that I might buy another one when it becomes available again!
Heavy on the ylang ylang, it’s one of the best white flower- vanilla interpretations that I have in my collection. Sweet and feminine to the Max!


Come Hither: Based off of traditional herbs and roots used in Hoodoo to draw and attract a lover, or entice the one you've already ensnared! Bourbon vanilla, tonka bean, a touch of rose oil, Queen Elizabeth root, three threads of saffron and a bit of honey to sweeten the whole deal.



This is on my bottle wish list for over a year. It smells like sugared rose petals in a whipped cream bed drizzled with a teaspoon of honey.
The  pumpkin butter is great for layering with other rose blends in my collection.



Milk Maid: Flushed, but demure. Fresh milk, clean linens, pale musk and pink sweet pea blossom.


Yet another pumpkin butter. Now you know, I have a thing with body creams! This one doesn’t smell milky to my nose but musky with a hint of floral. The pea blossom is so beautiful! It reminds me a little bit of peony too. This is so easy to wear and to layer with other scents that I am almost out! Really nice scent.

Odette: sun dried linens, tuberose, ginger lily and white musk.

I don’t get a lot of flowers from this. Linen and white musk are the notes that my nose pick out the most. I like it though and I could buy it again in a bath and body product but not in perfume.




Lassi: Cool, fresh mango cream, Tunisian orange blossom absolute, black ginger to ground, splash of green tea and a soft squeeze of lime juice.

I haven’t used this one yet but on cold sniff I get lime and mango cream the most. Can’t wait to start using this one this summer!!!



Mango Sticky Rice: Sweet mango, coconut infused rice and toasted sesame.

I don’t buy or like fruity scents very often but this one is an exception. I haven’t smelt anything like it before! I got mango, sesame and a green note that reminds me of coriander but it can’t be that. The coconut gives creaminess to the whole. Perfect for warmer weather!


Ghost Puffs: This is almost a marshmallow single note. Simple and easy to wear. It doesn’t stay hours on me and it has low sillage but I love it anyway.


Ceremony: Dusty beeswax candles, frankincense, myrrh, mastic, spikenard, pale honey, a pinch of tobacco and faded musk.

This is easily on my top 10 perfumes. I love it so much and I can’t understand why HoG didn’t bring this one back. I will guess that the ingredients were too expensive to remake it. Mastic is one of my favourite smells in the world but I don’t see it to be used in perfumes that often. It’s one of the most expensive resins in the world. Here in Greece we use it to scent our pastries and it’s delicious. I am so happy that I didn’t wait and I bought a bottle right away.
It’s a resinous blend that stays hours to the skin.  It’s warm from the beeswax and a little bit powdery from the frankincense. I don’t get tobacco or honey. In fact, I breathe deep every time I wear it to enjoy the mastic and the resins.
I hope I will see similar scents from HoG in the future!

Do you have a favourite scent or product from HoG?



7 σχόλια:

  1. Ceremony sounds wonderful! I've never even HEARD of that scent before! Wow. My favorites from HoG are Come Hither, The Brier Path, Olde Cider Haus, Vice, and Imp. Ooh, and Selkie. Too many to choose from!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
    Απαντήσεις
    1. I think caremony stayed up only for one month and they never brought that one back:(
      Very nice choices! Especially Come Hither and The Brier Path. I had a Brier Path sugar scrub last year and I loved it!
      I have to check Vice and Imp out.

      Διαγραφή
  2. Huh? You actually manage to make Mango Sticky Rice sound appealing to me! I will have to try that one! Ceremony sounds awesome as well, too bad it was LE and hasn't made a come back... The only HoG scent that I have sniffed so far is Hedonic, got a sample of that one from Su. I didn´t like that one very much but I do want to sample more!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
    Απαντήσεις
    1. I didn't like Hedonic neither. I have a small sample of Mango Stichy Rice. If you want I can send it to you!You can send me your adress in: irishandmadesoaps@gmail.com

      Διαγραφή
    2. Oh, that would be lovely! We should exchange adresses in any case! I like having the adresses to my fellow bloggers! You might just get a little something in return sooner or later! ;)

      Διαγραφή
  3. Wow, what a lovely collection, Amanda! I went through two of the Hearth bubbling scrubs this winter. I loved the smell and the cute lil cranberry seeds too! :D Like the other ladies, I'm bummed I missed out on ceremony :( I haven't heard of it before. When did it come out? Ghost Puffs has low silage and longevity on me too, but I still enjoy it. I don't know what my favorite HoG scent is! It's hard to choose!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
    Απαντήσεις
    1. Thank you Rachel! HoG does a very good job with their scrubs! I love them!
      Ceremony come out in 2011. Su made a review on it too:
      http://myperfumediaries.blogspot.gr/2011/09/haus-of-gloi-autumn-2011-reviews.html

      Yep, it's hard to choose! I think mine it's ceremony though!

      Διαγραφή