Follow on Bloglovin

Κυριακή 28 Ιουλίου 2013

RAVEN MOON-BPAL


PERFUME: Raven Moon 2012

COMPANY: BPAL

AVAILABILITY: Limited edition

OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION:Mournful and Never-ending Remembrance: shining, moonlit ebony musk with benzoin, myrrh, smoky vanilla, patchouli, nutmeg, and dried red chili.

BEFORE I SMELL: I am a huge fun of E.A.Poe and I love Ravens. I wish we had ravens in Greece as well... The notes sound interesting as well especially the dried red chili.

FROM THE DECANT/BOTTLE: Spicy patchouli and deep raisins.

WET ON SKIN: Nutmeg is the strongest note. The red chili note is similar from the scent that you get when you are opening a vase of dried chilies and not the hotness that you are getting while eating them. The patchouli is lovely, is the variety which I love. In my opinion is a little bit masculine and definitely something that Poe would wear!
The myrrh and the benzoin are definitely there and my boyfriend thought that I smelt like incense and he really liked it.

DRY DOWN:Still no vanilla.. It isn't so strong as I was expecting from a heavy on the patchouli scent. It remains smokey and resinous.


FINAL THOUGHTS:I really like it, I will keep my decant but I don't think I will hunt a full bottle.

IF YOU LIKE THIS YOU WILL LIKE: All sinners day- Possets for the weird chili note!

AND A SONG TO LISTEL WHILE WEARING THIS: THE CURE- BURN 1994



2 σχόλια:

  1. My lovely sister from Greece, I should have known you're a Poe fan! I love Poe too! When I was in high school, we had to do presentation about a different author, so I immediately ran to the teacher's desk so I could present about Poe! The girl behind me got mad because she wanted to present about him too, but I already chose. :(

    Then, when I visited Charleston, South Carolina with my aunt, we were able to go to the graveyard where Anabelle Lee was buried! :)

    I also have a picture above my bed with a sparkling moon that quotes, "All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." :)

    This perfume sounds interesting and pretty. Though, I think a wood based blend with notes from a dark forest would fit the poem better :D

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
    Απαντήσεις
    1. I didn't expect something different! Poe is the Poet!!!! What I love the most about Poe is that everytime I read his work I get something new. Especially when I am trying to translate his poems to my language.
      I am so jealous that you visited Anabelle Lee's grave, I really want to do the same some day too...


      When I was at high scool I had chosen Bukowski to do my presentation. My professor didn't expect that at all!

      Διαγραφή