Follow on Bloglovin

Τρίτη 8 Ιανουαρίου 2013

Scent of the Day, Day 6!

http://www.theartofjapan.com




PERFUME: Snowy Mountains and Kingfisher

COMPANY: BPAL

AVAILABILITY: Limited Edition 2012 (Novel Ideas for Secret Amusements V (1/19/12 - 4/30/12)

OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION:  Crisp ozone-tinged snow, muguet, white moss, sandalwood musk, white amber, honeysuckle, and white pear.


BEFORE I SMELL: Until last year, I have never smelled the lab’s snow note (thought I don’t think they use only one). It was my first Lupercalia update too!

The Novel Ideas for Secret Amusements series is inspired by erotic art, usually by Japanese erotic art: Shunga means picture of spring (Wikipedia informs me). I love when I learn new things simple because I wear perfume!

Lupercalia is their Valentine’s update and the 2013 one will appear very soon!


FROM THE DECANT/BOTTLE:  Crisp ozone, like fresh snowy air

WET ON SKIN: Still clean and ozony  with frosty white flowers . It’s not easy to pick the notes.

DRY DOWN: White musk. The honeysuckle and the muguet are noticeable now. I also get the white pear note but is a perfumy pear and not a fruity one if that makes sense!

FINAL THOUGHTS: Stays close to the skin but I could smell it for several hours. This scent isn’t for me but I could imagine a Russian woman of the 19th century wear this when she would go out!


IF YOU LIKE THIS YOU WILL LIKE:   White linen by Estee Lauder,  Cloth of gold BPAL, Before the snowy window BPAL, Snow on bare skin Poseets.

2 σχόλια:

  1. I have never smelt the snow notes from BPAL either! I have a few untested imps and I may have one of the snow ones. I need to get sniffing! Great review.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή