Follow on Bloglovin

Τετάρτη 9 Ιανουαρίου 2013

Scent of the day, Day 7

http://www.madbaker.net/2008/05/



PERFUME: Mother Shub's Stygian Nougat

COMPANY: BPAL

AVAILABILITY: Limited, The Miskatonic Valley Yuletide Faire 2012

OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION: A torpid black nougat with belladonna honey, somnolent lavender, and thyme.


BEFORE I SMELL: I love lavender. When is done well is one of my favorites notes. I also love it when it’s combined with sweeter notes like milk, almond etc..

FROM THE DECANT/BOTTLE: Almond and lavender. Exactly what I was hoping for!

WET ON SKIN: The lavender is very strong at first, Then I get the sweet scent from the honey mingled with the characteristic scent of almond essence. Like the one we use in baking. It’s not a honey scent, it just adds a little bit of sweetness.

DRY DOWN: The thyme it’s noticeable but in balance with the other notes. It’s not overpowering. It stays close to the skin. The final scent is pretty light, so you have to slather!!!

FINAL THOUGHTS: I really like this but you really have to like lavender and almond to enjoy it!

IF YOU LIKE THIS YOU WILL LIKE:   Arizona: sage and honeycomb and The room of Melancholia from Possets. Lavender mint cupcake from Flutterby beauty.

2 σχόλια:

  1. Lavender and Almond is a combination I have never come across before! Interesting. I have some reservations about lavender but love almond :)

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. The lavender is really apparent but it has enought sweetness to keep it for being extreme herbally. Maybe I will end up with a bottle of this:) I don;t think I have ever seen lavender and almond together either. They go so good together!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή