Follow on Bloglovin

Σάββατο 13 Απριλίου 2013

Perfume reviews, a haul, Possets new update and a pic of my dog!




 Even though that it feels like Spring, I wore some fall scents the last few days!


Possets-Big Black Cat
Sweet and strong, but full of character, like a majestic big black cat! Buttery creme with a smooth caramel undercoat, bourbon vanilla (the kind with the tiny black specks), gourmet candy corn crushed and put in the mix, and a crust of burnt sugar with a crunch from some indefinable but thoroughly delightful source. All this with a kiss of cinnamon, a very small puff of clove, and one grain of allspice.

This smells like other Halloween scents I have tried. It’s not very unique but if you are looking for a simple sugar and spice blend this is for you.
Burnt sugar and allspice rarely do work on me and this is not an exception. Not a scrubber but not something I would wear.

If you like this you may like as well:
 Possets: Nom Nom Nom
Lots of thick dark sugary goodness here. Just a hint of spice, but it's sort of an indefinable spice like a new and exotic clove which you just can't quite put your finger on. Lashings of liquified brown sugar heat it all up and in the end you have a very hawt melange of foody lovers goodness. Just the thing for Halloween.
Possets: Damn if you do
Brown sugar drenched in a crunchy crust of turbinado sugar, a hint of molasses and a very very light dusting of clove and allspice to keep things from going cloying. This is for the child and gourmand in you. Let yourself indulge in it all and be at least darned.

None of these worked for me. Maybe Sugar hates me.

Possets -Limoncello: La Dolce Vita
Of course, Possets had to celebrate the superb desserts of Italy, and
the South has some of the most ineluctable temptations on the planet.
Neapolitan Lemons spike the Limoncello here, with the most creamy of
panecotta (a triple cream custard with a subtle vanilla and not too
sweet). All this is accompanied by a homemade almond biscotti. Just to
smell the fragrance of all these treasure is to be in Italy with your
love.


I thought this would be a winner but it smells so bad on me I had to wash it away. Limoncello, panecotta and Almond biscotti? No thank you.





BPAL- LE LÈTHÈ

Red musk and sweat-damp golden skin musk with labdanum, golden amber, nutmeg, tobacco absolute, black orchid, and hemlock accord.

This is one of my favourite poems EVER! I was so excited to receive this as a frimp from the Lab!
From the imp I get juicy red musk and Hemlock. Like a less sweet Smut.
On my skin the tobacco absolute is the strongest note.
Lasts 4 to 5 hours on me and I think I have to buy a full bottle soon!
On dry down I get a hint of spiciness from the nutmeg and gorgeous perfumy-floral notes  from the black orchid.
If you like red musk and Tobacco you have to try this.


I sawAmanda’s Arcana Haul from the More tea, Wesley? Blog and she described Cake Lust like  butterscotch cake. The perfume stuck on my head and I had to have it! So I bought it from a person on Bpal forum!


Arcana- Cake Lust
Golden bakery cakes spiked with blonde tobacco, pipe tobacco, Balsam of Peru, cardamom, and mace.

When I first put it on I get cardamom as a top note and a hint of mace( nutmeg).
Then the tobacco becomes more obvious. I love what Arcana does with tobacco and I love when they combine foodie scents with resinous top notes. For the record, Morphine is the Arcana which I love the most!
In a while, I get boozy vanilla like the vanilla they had in their Rich vanilla scent.
This is a morpher. It’s not that spicy  on drydown but more foodie. Grownup and Sexy Foodie. LOVE!!!!


Last but not least, Possets new Spring update is live! The theme is Sacred Geometry. I learned so many new things reading her description and I find this update very original!
If you are into Grapefruit or lime you will scream from joy!


If I had to choose 4 perfumes from this update they would be:

Arc of Venus: Sandalwood , black lavender, a very small hint of calendula, "abstract" musk, and a bit of sharp grey musk

3:5:8: Black musk, smoky vanilla, jasmine, night blooming cereus, incense

Dodecahedron: Green vanilla, nectar, smoke, citrus paradise oil

Arabesque: Madagascar vanilla, Arabian Amber, bamboo citrus

I am also curious about:

Golden Section, it says floral but not what kind of floral. Rose? Jasmine? Sunflower?

Phyllotaxis is ruined for me from the cassia and the spice which can make a blend very spicy for my liking.

Quantum Interconnect is ruined by the black coffee and black tea. I will keep an eye for reviews though.

 

So, Is anything that you find appealing in this update? 

 

Have a nice weekend!

 

 My dog!!! Iris!!!!

 

4 σχόλια:

  1. Oh my gosh, Iris is SO cute!!! Thanks for sharing a picture of her :D

    I really need to buy from bpal, haha!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Ahh, your dog is so cute! (Cute dogs always come first in the comments of course.) I'm so glad you like CakeLust! I haven't actually tried that one out yet (why?? I don't even know) but in the bottle it smells amazing. It's a shame the Possets Limoncello scent didn't work for you - it sounds like such a good combination! And though it's not in the actual post, I spy The Brier Path in that picture... it's one of my favorite Haus of Gloi scents ever.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
    Απαντήσεις
    1. Thank you Amanda! I love CakeLust! I ordered some other Arcana blends from Rhinestone housewive and because your review I included Bonfires at dusk too. Can't wait to get it!

      I blame possets Almond note. I can wear this note fron other compasnies though...

      I had Brier Path in a scrub and I loved it too! So fresh and summery. I haven't tried the perfume oil yet!

      Διαγραφή