Follow on Bloglovin

Πέμπτη 3 Ιανουαρίου 2013

1# scent of the day!




I loved the S-A-D posts that Su From http://myperfumediaries.blogspot.gr/ and Dee from http://365daysofsmells.blogspot.gr/ have started and I thought to start my own mini-reviews!

I also loved this blog https://ascentaday.wordpress.com!

For day 1( I am a little bit late but I will try to catch up!) I choose one of the moste strange and unique scents from my collection.

COMPANY: BPAL

THE SCENT:  Dark Chocolate, sun-dried tomato, pink peppercorn, thyme and comfrey

AVAILABILITY: This was a limited edition in 2012. It came live on Valentine's Day with other chocolate scents.



I bought a decant of this ( 1ml sample) simple because I love chocolate scents. The other reason was i was too curious to smell it. You don't find every day perfumes with these notes listed! I had never smelled sun-dried tomato in a perfume before. I was a little bit afraid that it was going to smell like roasted chicken!

In the decant: I get the dark chocolate and the saltiness from the sun-dried tomato

Wet on skin: now the herbs are taking over  with a hint of chocolate.  I don't really know what comfrey is. The Greek translation is σύμφυτο, στεκούλι but I have never heard of this herb before.

I think that the comfrey with the thyme give an element of freshness to the scent.

The pink peppercorns gives a small amount of sweetness.

This stays all day to my skin and I even got some compliments when I wore it. It;s very well blended and after a while it blends with my skin chemistry in that way that I forget that I wear perfume and I am wondering what it smells so good.



A little goes a long way and I am very happy that I have an imp of this but I think this is enough for me. It’ s not a scent for everyday use but when I am feeling like wearing it it’s perfect.

ASCENTADAY mention the same scent in her 224 day here: https://ascentaday.wordpress.com/2012/08/page/2/

3 σχόλια:

  1. How nice to see Scent Of The Day series! Love it :)
    This scent sounds nice! Chocolate and tomato, how unusual! I do like the idea of salted chocolate.
    Su
    x

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. You and Dee inspired me on this! I love your blogs and I read them everyday. I have started this blog to write about my handmade soaps but perfume is my big love and I am intrigued by the idea to review a different one every single day!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. Thank you so much for reading my blog! Means a lot :) Dee inspires me too!
    Looking forward to see all the beautiful perfumes in your stash :)

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή